If I had to sum up 2017 in one word, it would be "adulting". 2017 for me was full of experiences of growing up and making grown up decisions. It is about slowly stepping out of my comfort zone and truly becoming independent. I am not completely there yet, but it is many big small steps to get there.
As for how my 2017 Resolutions held up, I think it was pretty sad, haha.
- Graduate safely in April 2017- done, thankfully!
- Improve myself- subjective, but I think more could be done
- Explore more- also subjective, I wish I had followed through
- Challenge myself more in cosplay projects- oddly, I did not really attempt a lot of cosplays in 2017. ^^" This will need more attention.
- Earn money and have proper savings- I did start earning money, I did invest slightly more into a trust fund, however, I definitely need to focus more on a proper savings
- Blog more- failed miserably :')
Now, on to some 2018 Resolutions! They will probably be similar to my 2017 one, but it is the act of commitment after listing them down that counts. I put them into several big categories.
- To be a better version of myself
- Lose weight / get fitter
- Proper savings
- To constantly improve my dental skills and knowledge
- To make the best out of my year, my life, with meaningful activities
- Cosplay more
- Appreciate the people and things around me
- Be more committed and motivated
Cosplay and savings are still the same. But more importantly, I want to become a better dentist. Honestly, there is so much to dentistry that I do not know or understand. It is some times quite embarrassing, thinking about it. From here on out, this is my career, and I hope to be better at it.
In terms of my weight, I lost 3-4kg this year, but unfortunately steadily gained the weight back after my Japan trip in September. TT I'm not sure if it's my eating that caused it (since my eating habits/quantity had not changed at all since then), or if it is because I started walking more on a daily basis (muscle gain?) Nevertheless, it has been pleasant and encouraging when people tell me that I look thinner and better. There are still those who say that I am fat, and I will not deny that those comments bring me down. So, I hope I can do something about it, so that I will look better for my cosplays and in general.
And now, to look back at 2017!
(click here for 2016)