Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Beautiful Friend

Blogger's Note: I've finally found out how to include post titles! Yay!

Days had past. Weeks were spent. Months crept by. It was not an easy job to plan a 4 day camp. Arguments took place(with manners), tears were shed(mine, at least), ideas were formed. A three man team of programmers, fresh with no camp programming experience. Out of the three, two were new committees. And then, responsibility kicked in, and Hui Qing had to leave the team, leaving only Adrean and myself.

We managed to strive through with the help of many. We started to grow closer as a team. Program drafts were presented and denied. Amendments were made every week. Our minds were pushed to its limits to form new ideas for games, and how to make this camp a blast.

All those hard work paid off. And on the 5 June 2008, it had materialized before our eyes.

10th Teen Dhamma Camp - X3: Xcite. Xplore. Xperience.


I flashed my brightest smile as familiar faces and not-so familiar faces approached the Shah Alam Buddhist Society. As they came closer and closer, the reality of my camp hit me. I know I have to make it a blast, for me, for them, for us.


Flocking Together

The Top-Secret-Super-Important-Like-Nothing-Else project is revealed

The day started off slightly cold. I grunted, eager to see my participants smiling. Slowly with time, through our programs and their sparkling personalities, grins started to spread across their faces.

Day 2 Magic Carpet

The groups had came close together that smiles could be shared. Laughter could be spread across the room with no worries of awkwardness.

Pre-water dodgeball game

Groups had came so close together, sacrifices were been made for their friends. We were no longer just participants of a camp, we were friends.

"Die die together"

"I've got the powah!"

But as long as we are in Samsara's hands, we will make mistakes. We might hurt others intentionally, and sometimes we hurt them without knowing it.

Appreciation Session

When we hurt someone, we leave cuts. And no matter how hard we try to line the pieces up, the scars of the cut remains. But never forget that just like the scars, the happy memories will always be there.

It's never too late for us to say sorry to the ones we love, for all the wrong things we may have done.

After all, they are the people who made us who we are. They reason why we are here. And they are the reason why we strive on.

TDCX Committee "Para Para Sakura" dance performance on Talent Night

Kalyana Mitra (Spiritual Friend) Session

We show appreciation to our friends in all sorts of ways, be it material or immaterial. To me, the people around me is my reason of showing appreciation. We take our time and effort to show our appreciation to our friends, although we were tired and were working without a stop for three days. The final day has come and I pulled out all the hidden energy I have to make sure my friends never forget this camp and all the bitter sweet memories. Although we will never want it to end, impermanance comes into play.

It was time to say goodbye.

Words cannot describe how happy I was that everyone was enjoying themselves, that everyone was taking back something new, that everyone had made new spiritual friends. I was thrilled to see that there were those who missed all the great times, and that they too had so much to appreciate for.

And on 21 June 2008, our TDCX family was reunited. We wanted to know if everyone is well. We still had so much more to share. It was my chance to show my appreciation. I took some time off to arrange my own score so that I can perform "My Beautiful Friend" who are just as beautiful as its lyrics. Although I stumbled, I'm grateful that they didn't mind, and even written on my back that I was a great on the piano. It really was worth it.

Everytime I look back at the photos and think back of the memories at camp, I cannot help but smile. Sometimes I'm even close to tears. I want to hold tightly onto all of the friendships I have made. Through them, I have learn so much, much more than a classroom could provide. I learn new things about my old friends, and I learn new things from the new people I now call friends. They are my inspiration.

To all my Beautiful Friend, I truly love you.

"Ananda, friendship is the whole of the spiritual life."
- The Buddha


We were strangers, starting out on a journey
Never dreaming what we'd have to go through
Now here we are, and I'm suddenly standing
at the beginning with you

No one told me I was going to find you
Unexpected what you did to my heart
When I lost hope you were there to remind me
This is the start

Life is a road and I wanna keep going
Love is a river I wanna keep flowing
Life is a road now and forever
Wonderful Journey

I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
In the end I wanna be standing
At the begining with you


- "At The Beginning" - Anastasia


I dedicate this post to:

To my mother, for giving me the opportunity to give
To my father, for willing to fetch me to meetings with no complaints
To my brother, for being a support as I live

To the man who created rhyme,
to all campers for giving us their time

To Venice for the inspiration to be a better person
To Pei Song for the inspiration to be a great programmer
To Jason Kuan for the inspiration to write this blog post

To all my lame friends,
Ashley and Biiancaa for giving me a shoulder
Marilyn and Carmen for giving me a hand
Aivee and Swea Phin for giving me a cool Tee
Yee Leong and Jocelyn for giving me a meal
Shaun for giving me a Shaun
Joey for giving me a smile
Oi Ying and Oi Lam for giving me advice
Szeto Yan Meng for giving me a wake up call
Yvonne for giving me Yvonne Syndrome
Jun Keat for giving me a membership to ODC
Crystal for giving me inspiration
Seok Yeng for giving me reminders
Daniel for giving me his faith
And Adrean for me giving him a headache

To all speakers for spreading the Dhamma truth
To all my friends for being who they are

Keep Smiling, Keep Shining!

3 comments:

  1. Awww shu hui.. thank you so much! it really is a touching post you wrote here.

    Thank you :):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey shu hui! thanks alot to you too. hahah hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wawww!!
    Your blog is soooo beautiful!!!
    Please, read my message:

    Hello Suzanne! =).I´m your fluff friend.
    One question:
    You use your flufffriend in facebook?
    I need most a uniko :(
    But I dont have the all money.
    I have 1000 gold saved.
    If you do not use your uniko, sell me?
    Please!! really I need the uniko so much!
    please please please!
    I ask you with all my heart, that unicorn is very important to me, im a huge fluffs friends fan and i will take care with the best of me and enjoy it at the tops... i can notice that you dont use the aplication long time ago, and i really wanted it since a long time ago, please, i ask you with my heart and i hope you can do it.
    My best for you

    ReplyDelete

Leave a smile to brighten up Suzanne's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...