Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's the day...

A girl was born on 27th August, 15 years ago. This girl gave me an uneasy feeling at the start. As 7 year olds do, we fought for friends, particularly this classmate named Ling Hui. As both of us tugged both ends of Ling Hui's hands, the girl yelled.

"Can't you guys be friends?"

At that point, no. But after the single word of "Pokemon", two 7 year olds started spazzing at each other from that day forward. We spoke of imaginary plots and whipped up imaginary beings together. Hey, that's what kids did back then.

We bicker over little things occasionally, just like normal friends would. I was ignored for weeks because of a bean bag. Things happen, but friendship is forever. And we were best friends.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY
MELISSA YEO MEI YIN!!!


You, my beautiful friend you bring me joy
With your warm and generous ways,
Kalyana Mitra you pull me back
when the road leads me astray.

I'll never forget you were with me
In times of sorrow
I'll promise to stand by you
Today and Tomorrow.

You, my trusted friend
I'll walk with you till the end
On the Path of Freedom
Now and again
My happy beautiful friend
I'll hold your hand
In us we can depend.

Friend, you have all the qualities in you
To show me the meaning of the Truth
And there will be times we won't agree
There may be doubt, uncertainty.

I'm sorry I've let you down and
Left you in the shadows
My friend won't you turn around
I'm here with my rainbows.

Kalyana Mitra, please take care of me
We somehow share the same destiny
Kalyana Mitra, I'll take care of you
Beautiful friend, I truly love you.
Kalyana Mitra = Spiritual Friend

- My Beautiful Friend by i.gems

Quote of the Day: "We know we're getting old when the only thing we want for our birthday is not to be reminded of it." - Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a smile to brighten up Suzanne's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...