Monday, October 27, 2008

For a Good Cause

The past few days have been awesome. =)

The SJBA Charity Food and Fun Fair!

And the main attraction that day was the fun house the Youth Section people whipped up!

Say hi to the brother!

We built and awesome fun/haunted house out of cloth, rubbish bag and other stuff under 3 tent. We went to the temple on Saturday to make preparations for the house.

"Kerja Amal" qualified!

Our best friends that day

Seriously. For those who have been to SJBA's field, you know what I'm talking about. It's a mosquito haven. So Ashley, Jocelyn, Debbie and I ran into the building with air-condition, away from the pests. Hey, we still did our work!

Masterpiece of DOOOOM!!!

It takes lots of dedication, ya know

More "Kerja Amal" pictures :3

Inside the Mystery Mansion (now say hi to Pei Hao!)

The next day, I got there close to 11am. It was full of people and food! I went straight to the haunted house, and could already hear screams from inside. Debbie, Ling Hui, Biiancaa and I went into the house together. I wrapped my camera in plastic bag so that I could take it in to record the journey. I knew there was going to be dirt and water involved. But they didn't allow me to take my camera in! Wuuu... .___. It wasn't too freaky, but I was grabbing onto Debbie and Ling Hui the whole time. It was quite funny because we were busy identifying who is who. We reached a part where this Grim Reaper asked for a spoon before allowing us access. Debbie was like, "Ah, that's Daniel." It's like "Guess the YS Member". XD

Victims of the Mystery Mansion

Yup, we got sprayed and water baloon-ed.

Swea Ching the Ghost urges you to do charity

Joker Guany! (He was super frekeh)

That wasn't the only attraction, there was the dunking machine too! Where you throw a rock and the target and the guy goes falling into the water.

Now you see em' ("Can't you do a decent shot, you fo'?")

Now you DON'T! (if I took this picture seconds earlier, you'd see Pei Song)

There's professional hairdressers too. And face paint, which seemed quite nice. I didn't get one though.

But Ling Hui did!

After the event, we were fed ice-cream. Countless of times.

And it was 26 October. And do you know what day it is? It's CARMEN, WEISYA and TZE HAN's birthday!!!

Here's to another 18 years to come!

Tze Han wasn't there though. But happy birthday again you guys! =D

And later, I had Gavel meeting. There was very few people, so the formal part of the meeting was over really quickly. We then played games instead. And it's a game I play so often in school...

MAFIA!!!

First we started with the winking version. Then we went on with the real Mafia game with the mastermind and the part where the townspeople have to vote who they suspect to be the murderer. And I was murderer twice! Owh how evil I was... I convinced everyone to kill off innocent people. I even killed off the doctor, wahahahaha! I almost won, though...

Me in action, killing off poor Alezandar. XD

Then we had more cake, and ice-cream, again, to celebrate Swea Ching's belated birthday. Happy belated!

Owh so fun!

That was my weekend. Now for the advertisement I promised my brother... Becaue I'm feeling lazy, I shall just quote him and the official advertisement...



The Young KL Singers proudly present, 'Breakin' It Down' - an upbeat and funky choral jazz performance featuring specially arranged works of Duke Elington, The Beatles, Billie Holiday and more.

Catch the Young KL Singers in their element as they groove with their unique blend of voices and instruments to all time favourites like, 'Summertime', 'Fly Me To The Moon' and 'Yesterday'.
Concert dates/time: 30, 31 October & 1 November @ 8.30 p.m. 1 November (charity matinee) @ 3.00 p.m. 2 November @ 3.00 p.m. Venue: The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (KLPac) Jalan Strachan, off Jalan Ipoh Sentul Park 51100 Kuala Lumpur Tickets (free seating): RM45 (adults) & RM35 (children aged 12 years & below) For ticketing enquiries please contact the KLPac Box Office, Tel: 03-4047 9000 or The Actors Studio @ Bangsar Shopping Centre, Tel: 03-2094 9400 Stand a chance to win 3 exclusive Prizes worth RM1000 each, courtesy of Celebrity Fitness!


Come one, come all! Yes, it's expensive, but it's 2 hours worth of jazz entertainment. There will a band besides the choir, too. The YKLS have been doing lots of preparation and practice just for this show. You won't regret it. It'll be an eye opener if you think that choirs show a one kind face and don't move at all. The show will be full of energy, with lots of movements. All of their pieces are choreographed by Michael Voon, the same guy who choreographed for So You Think You Can Dance (Malaysia), Malaysian Idol, and One In A Million.

Here's a list of some of the songs they will be singing:
In the Mood (Glenn Miller)
Mack the Knife
Fly Me to the Moon
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
It Don't Mean A Thing, Caravan (Duke Ellington)
Yesterday (The Beatles)
Wo Yao Ni De Ai
Warna (Sheila Majid)
Can't Take My Eyes Off You



The map to KLPac

If you're interested, please comment on this post. Click on the button "Leave a Smile" to make a comment!

Now to waste my time on my newly installed Ragnarok Online... *dashes off*

Quote of the Day: "People have hope because they cannot see Death standing behind them." - Bleach

1 comment:

Leave a smile to brighten up Suzanne's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...