Monday, March 23, 2009

Too Much to Say

Really. My past few weeks was SUPER hectic. Exams were summed up nicely, so I won't say anything about it. We'll just keep all other exam rants till I get most of my results aite? (Side note: I GOT AN A1 FOR SEJARAAAAAH :D)

First of all, I had my debate. On Tuesday, we were to have a looooong debate meeting as my debate was gonna be on Wednesday, 11 March, clashing with my Biology exam. I was quite good at the "Cigarette Smoking Should be Banned" topic, but haven't worked on the second topic, "Boarding School is Beneficial". SUDDENLY. On Tuesday itself. We were informed that a letter was sent to the school on 25 February to inform us of the change of topics for the debate. Liek ZOMGWTFSTFUBBQ! And the debate was tomorrow. o___o But fiiiiiiiine. We done so much preparation already. To not go is an even bigger waste of time. Plus, we haven't prepared for our Bio exam. So me, Brindha, Faeqah, Lavannya and Yohann decided to go with it anyway. Our topics? "Animal Entertainment is Cruel and should be Banned" and some topic about canning...

So, we went to SMK USJ 12 the next day(woohoo!). Sadly, I didn't get to see much of my friends.(Melissaaaaaa, where were you???) So yeah, we had less than 12 hours of preparations. And there was some confusion where the people in charge thought that we weren't coming and apparently the team we were going against went back because they thought it was a walkover. Both info were false. So with much delay and frustration, we went on with the debate against Alam Megah. My favourite line of the day:

Opposition: P.O.I! If there are many laws implemented, why isn't animal entertainment banned yet?
Me: Well, that is because the government have yet to meet people like me.


Laughs from the people of the floor. Epic.

But in the end, we lost. I didn't mind. But what I mind was not getting the best speaker prize. Roar. I mean, I was so cool and hillarious. Bottom line, I'm awesome.

Then it was the Gavel Installation Dinner. Even during my exams, I had to go for the meeting for a few times. But I enjoy it tons because of the awesome people! I was the emcee, along with Wei Herng. We were reading off an awfully out of character script by Azmi for the first half of the dinner. Hillarious. The food at Corriander Garden, Holiday Villa was AWESOME. Oysters, sushi, lamb, dessert FTW! I managed to convince Ai Vee to dance Hare Hare Yukai with me. Bohahahaha. It was more like a syok sendiri thing for the committees. But really, it was our night.

Don't have any other pictures at the moment. Stolen from Guan.

But of course. Gavel club people are not lala. 8D

Choir is awesomesauce. But we need to work harder! The MSSD competition is on 2 April. We're practicing after school every day for the whole week now. We're singing You Raise Me Up and Putra Putri, and I'm the conductor! Need to get some conductor 101 if I want a chance to win best conductor, haha.

Koperasi Camp deserves a post of itself. It will come up soon, so please wait! :D

Now, for some advertising!


Rainbow of Hope concert! Brought to you by the Leo Club of SMK USJ 4, USJ 8 and USJ 13! This is for charity, all proceeds go to the National Cancer Society and World Vision. It's this Sunday, at the SJK (C) Chee Wen auditorium, 1 - 6pm. It's all for a good cause, and there's a great line up of performances. So come one, come all! Student tickets, provided you buy the tickets with your student card, are RM25. Buy the tickets along with 5 friends, and you get a discount! For more information or to buy tickets, please contact me. :D

Meh. Sometimes it's hard being involved with so much stuff. Can't even write a decent blog post. D: I'll write more some other time... Need to excuse myself now!

*kicks YouTube*

Quote of the Day: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."

1 comment:

  1. ZOMGWTFSTFUBBQ!!

    I wonder why the letter was sooooooooo lambat. Sabotaged D:< ????

    ReplyDelete

Leave a smile to brighten up Suzanne's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...