Friday, May 01, 2009

Time for Change

When the mid-year holidays come, how would you choose to spend it? Some would sink their heads into books, some would DotA all day, some would go shopping with their girlfriends... Me? My mid-year holidays always had its highlight since 2006. In this two weeks time, I would always look forward to one big event that would never cease to impress me.

Teen Dhamma Camp. My first encounter with the Subang Jaya Buddhist Association Youth Section. It was these Kalyana Mitras who taught me so much of life's lessons. It was the Teen Dhamma Camp which allowed me to display my inner self, to learn new things about myself, and let me know I don't need to be afraid to dream big and achieve so much.


This year is my 4th year of camp, my 3rd year a camp committee. I, from the Advertising & Promotion department of the 11th Teen Dhamma Camp, would like to invite you to join us on this eye-opening experience. This year's camp brings us to Jing Loong Shan, Rawang, a condusive environment for us to learn the Buddha's teachings, the Dhamma. The Teen Dhamma Camp is organized by youths, catered to youths aged 13-19, but fret not as those above 19 are welcomed too! The camp fees is just RM90, inclusive of 4 days 3 nights lodging, food, t-shirt, and memories to last for ages. The camp is on 11 - 14 June.

Why Metamorphosis? The Teen Dhamma Camp committee asked themselves "Why are we like that?" Instead of running away, we dived straight into the issue with our theme, Metamorphosis. Metamorphosis is the process of changing. Just like a caterpillar changing to a butterfly, we as humans are constantly changing, often for the better. Once we can understand ourselves and the truth better, we will bloom like the lotus from the mud.

What are you waiting for? Grab a form here and sign up by 17 May 2009 to be 1 of our 80 participants of this wonderful experience.

Registration Form

For more info, please contact:
Sis. Marilyn Teoh : 017-333 8033
Bro. Tan Pei Song : 017-298 0500
Bro. Szeto Yan Ming : 012-638 8336
(Or me!)

Quote of the Day: "We begin with a simple idea, for a wonderful reason... YOU!" - Subang Jaya Buddhist Association Youth Section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a smile to brighten up Suzanne's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...