Tuesday, December 01, 2009

I haven't been blogging for a long time, for a good reason. NaNoWriMo has taken a lot of my time the last few days. I had loads of things happening last week and the week before but I just don't have the time to write about them. I'll write about them soon, but for now I'm just updating because it's December! Since I'm pretty lazy to write about how my NaNoWriMo went, and I'm sure there's a lot of you who don't go to my writing blog, I'm going to copy last entry there, here.

It's finally December! The end of NaNoWriMo! So how did Suzanne do?

From the Word Count Widget on my sidebar, it says I'm a winner at 50,126 words. Yes, I made it till the 50,000 word count mark! I wrote almost 10k words on the last day itself!

However... On the NaNoWriMo website, all that wouldn't matter. Verified winners would have a purple bar, which I don't have. I've been typing like crazy all day yesterday, 12 hours straight, 5 hours of sleep the night before. You see, I only submitted my work at 11.55pm, which was a huge mistake, because I had no idea what I was doing. I finally got it, submitting my 50,090 word novel and waiting anxiously for my purple bar to appear and they would take me to the winner's page. But the NaNoWriMo robots(the machines that counts the NaNoWriMoers word counts) updated my word count so I must've been in time, butunfortunately they didn't update me as a winner in time as it was December, 12am already. Yeah, I missed it by seconds.

My mum was pretty unhappy about it(on my behalf, but she wasn't making matters better =/), saying that I worked so hard and lost it just because of the seconds. But really, what matters was how I got there, right? The extra cookie is boasting rights, of course. But since now I'm a "half-winner", I have no idea what I'm supposed to say to my friends. xD I just really really hope that they wouldn't laugh about this thing, saying I'm a loser or what not(ebil lifeless people DO do these stuff, sadly). Although I'm not an official winner, I made it all the way and for that, I'm proud of myself, and I know that it was my own mistake for doing all these last minute things.

It's been a crazy 30 days for me, and a really good time spent with Cedric, Caleb, Hirei, Penelope, Aalaiyah and all my other characters and the Ragnarok Online world. Thank you to everyone who supported me all this way, who has been reading my stuff or just keeping track of my progress(although the latter should really start reading my novel :3). It has really given me a lot of encouragement and the push I need through the month. It's because of you guys that I make the effort to update everyday, or procrastination would win through. I'm really sorry if I've disappointed you guys in any way, if it's about not winning or the plot or my style of writing. I'm a little disappointed with myself for letting my last minute-ness get to me. I was working with old materials too, so it was a pretty easy ride for me this time around. I'll push myself harder the next NaNoWriMo. Probably not next year, darn SPM. @__@

For now, I'll be spending some time editing my work before I keep writing. So stay tuned and keep me kicked if you want to read the continuation of The Eminent Guardians. =)
There you have it! I'll be back to blogging as usual... once I catch up with what I lost the last few days. xP

Quote of the Day: "Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?" - Guard, Monty Phyton and the Holy Grail

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a smile to brighten up Suzanne's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...