Friday, November 12, 2010

Animangaki 2010

31 October was Halloween! I did what the celebration is famous for: dressing up! And where else is good for that? An anime convention! Hence, I spent my Halloween at...

Animangaki 2010!!!

Animangaki is one of the highly-look-forward-to-university-based-anime-convention by the Sunway University-Collage Anime Club. (SUAC, pay me royalties plz 8D) And when an anime convention is in Subang Jaya, you go to it. C8 Besides, I have quite some errands I had to do there too.

Woke up super early and prep for my cosplay. I'm doing Road Kamelot once again! The most heart-breaking thing about my Road costume is the wig. The sad-sad wig that was previously my Yuffie wig, which is then chopped and gel-ed and waxed and sprayed, cruelly. And just like every other time I did Road, I attempted to save the wig with my limited hairstyling skills again. (lvl1 plz)


Road Kamelot!

Yes, it's can tabs

Errand number 1: Pass all my remaining can tabs (800-ish) to Ikki.
FYI, I collected can tabs since I was 8, because I thought that stamps were outdated and having a unique and odd collection will be cool. Well, it worked, somehow. 8D My collection grew to 3000, then I decided to give them to Ikki to make into a chain mail for her Serge cosplay with me! At least I know my collection will go to good use, although it's kinda sad to part with it. ;w;

*proud* ;w;

I didn't have much time to finish my make up since Michelle was picking me up at 7.30am. I wore my full costume, grabbed Lero and left.

Errand number 2: SNSD Cosplay Group Genie dance practice
We were going to Animangaki early so we could have a dance practice. Yez, I know the whole Genie dance now. 8D I was at Sun-U at 8am, but we had to wait for all our group members, so I went and do my make up to make up for lost time. (teehee, make up to make up!) Bad choice: they kept melting during our practice ;w; I had to put on my new contact lenses too! (will blog about it later) Took me longer than my first time to get it in. Arisa was in the toilet with me while I kept poking my eyes, haha.

Phear my owhsm eyes. 8D

Errand number 3: COD brown/copper hairspray
Me and Anthea bought brown hairsprays last year for our Ace Attorney cosplay, which failed, because we didn't know how to work the hairspray and it takes awhile and skills to get the colour to be balanced. So, we sold ours off to Kelly Chua! And Anthea used me as a middle-man.

After I sold the stuff, I went straight to the changing room to touch up my make up. Then I saved a wig from being gel-ed by Lelouch!
(I learned from personal experience. ;w;)

Lelouch: How should I style my wig with gel? *whips out gel*
Road: OMG NOOO. Never ever ever ever use gels on wig! You'll keel it. ;w; Gels work on human hair fibres, but you can't use it on wig.
Lelouch: o.o
Road: Here, use hairspray! I have Gatsbyyyy! Gatsby is owhsm. You should use it. 8D
Gatsby, I await my royalties too

By 11am, I entered the hall and mingled with the cosplayers and people. I had a rather good time talking to everyone, although I went alone. I'm starting to be more interact-able with everyone. C8 Soon, the hall was filled with people, it was crazy! Last year, there was so much space you could run around the hall. Only 1+hour into the event, the hall was close to Comic Fiesta 2007 (Times Square) in terms of traffic.

The cosplayers weren't -super- impressive, but it was definitely a breathe of fresh air! There was very few double characters or over-cosplayed series/characters. I saw a Haruhi (back in 07 and 08, Haruhi was like an epidemic!), Akatsuki cosplays (they were the only Naruto cosplayers there other than Orochimaru and Kimimaro, which was super cool C8), minimal Bleach cosplays, minimal Kuroshitsuji (OMG Alois and Claude!) and variety of Vocaloids (but they were still flooding the population o_o). Woohoo! The usual Vampire Knights are still lurking around... and a huge increase in K-on! cosplayers. And by surprise, there was three separate Toradora pairs running around.
And there was someone wearing Justin Bieber's cutout face on their face. WTH.

I'll show you a bit of what I captured from the event. :3


Cool figurines! They had lots of Sabers. :3

Mei Ling from CCS! 8D Said cosplayer is a model. Jealous plz.

Xsaye and her blinged out camera :O Me like!

Alice's super cute bento! Genuine dietary fibre inside.

And where there is food, there are ants xP

D.Gray-man group! :3
(I recognize the Allen and Kanda as my hawt Lelouch and Suzaku from CF09! nomnom)

Sandplay Vocaloid! Anada, you and your team make me cry. ;w;

I didn't take much pictures as usual, sadly. =(

Errand number 4: COD FMA Costume
I'm buying an FMA State Military uniform, second-hand from Yuan for my Olivier cosplay. :3 I was super excited when I got it! Then I went home and tried it out and it was oversized. Sigh. ;w; I guess I'll just trace the pattern after SPM then sell it off and sew myself a new one. xP

Errand number 5: COD Anthea's bootscovers (failed)
Anthea using me as a middleman again. It was almost 2pm and my mum wanted me home (SPM is around the corner, it's a taboo to have fun during this period, apparently). The person didn't turn up or call me so meh.

So, I was done with my business at Animangaki! I hung out with Xsaye and Huishean quite a bit, we ate lots of shaved ice from the super owhsm 100 yen shop that had a booth there. Omg, the shaved ice was heaven. *w* Then I took a trip to the Omatsuri booths, which had a level up from last year. The Omatsuri booths are game booths, mostly of games that you would find at Japanese festivals/fairs. I found Wai Hong cheating people's money with evil Japanese games. Evilll. DD:

OH. And I almost forgot to mention! As I said above, there were really few doubles, and even so, those that were doubled aren't super popular characters either. There were three Taiga's (sad), two Kadaj's (sad), and then...
Two Road Kamelot's. o__o WTH
I was walking innocently without Lero to grab something from the changing room. Then I lay eyes on her. ROAD KAMELOT. GOTHIC LOLITA VERSION. ZOMG.
It came as a huge surprise, the last time I had a double being at CF07, and that time I was aware that there would be two Yuffie's too. (we were friends!) After Road, my characters are pretty low profile, not-mainstream characters. On top of that, there hasn't been another Road other than me since CF08, and the Noah family aren't often cosplayed to start with. So yeah, I never expected to see another Road.
I was like, "*gasp* Road! :D" She totally ignored me. WTH? Brat. D:

Other picture-taking ensued before I went back home.
(most of the following pictures are not mine :X and are mostly of me, teehee)

:3


My fav picture of the day C8 Thanks Xsaye!

The only other thing I bought: LENS CASE! 8D
(I actually bought another lens case with Xsaye 20 minutes before I found these. It's super cute! I can't resist!)

I heart my lens 8D

Overall, I enjoy-ed myself tons! Any chance of seeing civilization is always good for relieving stress. ;w;
Coming soon(hopefully): more spazzm and post-SPM plan, huahuahua.

Quote of the Day: "The only way out is through." - Robert Frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a smile to brighten up Suzanne's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...