Sunday, February 20, 2011

College Tales!

So, Chinese New Year just ended, so did my Campaign for Student Council! And here's a blogpost with more on what happened at college and other stuff!

As you should already know, I'm studying SAM in Taylor's Subang Jaya in the owhsm class of G9. We has Bollywood guys, cosplayers, Japanese, people from all over Malaysia, efficient workers, tall doods, smart peeps, cute lecturers, and lots of owhsmness overall!

Random College Picture No.1! (blame the spilt bubble tea on Jordy! D:)

My classmates would probably know me as the biggest bubble tea fan. :P My Mocha+Chocolate got knocked over the table last Thursday. Sadz. (it was supposed to keep me awake in classes!)

That Thursday was also the day I had my Student Council interview! It wasn't much of a question answer kind of thing, we were sorted into groups and asked to plan a theme and promotion strategy for the SAM Fiesta. On Monday, Brenda and I found out that we were running for President! Immediately, we were told that campaign starts Wednesday and votings start this weekend.

OWH. AM. GEE. o____o

My mind was racing at 190 ASPD. So little time for preparation! As mentioned the Goddess of Flowers aided me in making my owhsm campaign poster. :3 Here's some behind the scenes pictures!

Oh look! Anthea's cupboard! TAIGA IN A CUPBOARD AAH!

:3

I want YOU

Vote for Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Shu Hui!

Switching around with the coats

So! My campaign! Thank goodness my Maths lecturer was away, I had so much extra time which actually helped me take breathers or spend more time campaigning. Thursday, my class starts at 9am. I got to school, met the Student Council advisor, and I found out that unlike CAL candidates, we can't interrupt classes to give speeches. =( I had to make use of the10 minutes I get in between classes every hour. I jogged off to one of the printing shops opposite Taylor's (not MAC Centre, because they are rip offs D:) and printed 15 pieces of my poster. Immediately started stapling (thanks Jian for the stapler!) them at strategic spots, which was pretty challenging since almost every corner was filled with CAL, ECA and SAM posters already. (later, I borrowed Brenda's tape (thanks again!), which gave me more spots to vandalise decorate my posters with) At every 10 minute break, I was out of class and in someone else's class, telling them why they should vote for me. It was pretty fun, as most of them gave me positive responses, and they reacted to my jokes! And the owhsm pun!

Another good news is my club meetings started on Wednesday! First, I went to my TAYMUN (Taylor's Model United Nations) meeting with Anthea and her CAL friends. The president is pretty owhsm. :3 And we're hoping Anthea gets to take over the reign! After 5pm, I went for my Scrachess Club meeting. I joined the Club because it has owhsm boardgames! :P I was late, so Settlers of Catan was taken (dawwww), instead I learned how to play Jungle Beats (which was pretty simple and fun too!) and Risk, but I didn't have the time to play that, since they just unboxed it and was figuring out the game too. The only thing that makes me uncomfortable in the Scrachess Club is the Cina-ness it exudes. D: I'm not complaining about the language, it's just the way they speak... I'm not being evil lah, but... mhmm...

Anyway! I was pretty much the only person who was interrupting classes so much to campaign. By late Thursday, I was asked to slow down abit, so I kinda let go alot and I didn't really try as hard on Thursday as I did the day before. I had Debate Club meeting! There's almost half the people in Debate compared to TAYMUN. But I like speaking, so it piques my interest.

Random College Picture No.2! (Li Xia made me! :P)

Friday, I didn't enter any other classes for campaign. I tried, but I couldn't find any class that had people and no lecturers. :X And I was socializing with my classmates! Yay! It was a short day and we ended class at 1pm. But I had to stay until 3.30pm before my club meeting starts. Went out of college for lunch for the first time in two weeks. (mum, are you proud of me? :3) Went to Face to Face with Kaoru. Pan mee, nomnomnomnom. And still I had lots of time! Lazed at The Web with Ling Hui. When it was almost time, I went for my Anime Society meeting! First cosplay of the year, yay! I did Mia Fey, along with Jasmine who was Maya-Fey-who-was-almost-two-hours-late. I was surprised to see the familiar faces there! And I never imagined that they, too, would join the Anime Society! o_o

Yes, I know all there's all the nerd, geek, freak tags attached to these sort of stuff, but I do these sort of stuff, and the club's for leisure, so heck, why not? And yes, the club was very casual, so was the meeting. (not very well-organized, I have to say *dodges pie* :X) And I've already anticipated die-hard Anime fans with 87124669129 anime-related articles committed to memory! Not to mention that they have a dying urge to regurgitate the info out. No offence. :O We're not all like that. But yeah, I had fun! Lots of awkward moments, but yup, fun! :D

Have I mentioned that person-in-the-army-gear is a SAM lecturer? o___o

Club Picture! (we had more members, but they went home)

Cosplayers picture! (and more peeps)

And weekends! Yay! I was supposed to be at a convention, but they postponed it at the last minute. Grr! So now I rot at home. Except that I have fun rotting amd I have random pictures to show! :D

Mechanic cat iz in ur karz, fixin ur enjinz (this actually happened)

And Kristy followed after!

BANGZ! (our stuff from Taobao came! So we play. :3)

I have more funny stuff. But next time! :P

Quote of the Day: "First impressions are like fresh painted nails. One false move can ruin it all." - Tan Swea Ching

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a smile to brighten up Suzanne's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...