Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Superhero Day!

There's still a lot that I want to blog about, and as usual, I'm busy with not enough time. That or while doing work, I always get distracted but new stuff. The hours I've spent on TV Tropes! (do not click unless you have 3 hours to spare) Ah... the internet.

Anyway, being back from the holidays, back from Melbourne, and done with our ESL Tutorials, we finally had the chance to go back to our Theme Tuesdays habit! Which is something all of us look forward to so so much. :3

Superhero Day! (G9 Theme Tuesday IX, 12 July 2011)


We are back, bigger and bolder. :P I loved the theme and was really looking forward to crazy costumes from everyone! I took really long deciding what I wanted to do. Yes, people would assume that I had the resources since I cosplay, but looking at all the characters I did, they were pretty normal, that or their costumes aren't really superhero-y. No costume? Suzanne should've had some weapon choices though! Looking back at Suzanne's characters, their weapons of choice were, in order, a huge shuriken, an umbrella with a pumpkin on it, candles, a pointy finger and a banner, a tuna, a frying pan, a gun, a leek and a pair of hairpins. Other than the shuriken, which is now fragile and too huge for transportation, and the gun, everything else is... questionable. lD

Since I didn't have much choices of clothes without going shopping, the only way I could stand out was with my wigs and probably some homemade stuff.
Some choices I had:
1. Blossom
2. Poison Ivy
3. Storm
4. Pirate/Thief/Zorro-ish character ala Mask*DeMasque or Juliet
5. Random kawaii Mahou Shoujo

I tested out my wigs at night. They were pretty, but I couldn't imagine having odd-coloured hair to college! Plus the horror of taking care of it for the whole day. All the tangles that could've happened... Besides, Blossom's outfit, although fully pink, still wasn't really superhero-ish. Vi Vianne suggested Poison Ivy because of my orange wig, which was an interesting choice, other than Rogue. I could use parcel strings and colour them green for vines, and make fake leaves out of paper, since I don't have real fake leaves. But I had nothing green to wear, at all! My other idea was borrowing Anthea's pink Knight of the Round cape, which could make a good Robin Hood in pink character. But it didn't work out. :C Besides, I didn't have any face mask other than a Jabbawockeez mask.

In the end, I went to sleep without a conclusion, and had to whip up something random when I woke up. Wore my brown wig with a random black dress and my super old boots from China, plus grabbed an hourglass and some thread. =w=

Door to Owhsmness
(literally, people crowd outside out classroom to see us. And they talk about C17 :P)

Got to class the earliest, as usual. Jian came in later. And Sunny a little after. They thought they came into the wrong class and that I was some stranger. :P Nice! Just what I wanted, since I fail the superhero part. lD Kaoru came and passed me the black cape I wanted to borrow (since the pink cape idea failed). Then I leveled up, by a bit.

My name is Time. And yours is running out.

Oh mai I look good with short brown hair... C: My idea was that I was some magician girl character. The deeper idea to it was that I am Time - the Grim Reaper's Daughter. And I bring people to Death. Of course, that was too much literature that I had to explain, but I liked the idea so... lD

"Shall I bring you to Death?"

This was the effect that I wanted to achieve, since it -was- a black, grim reaper-esque cape I was given to work with. lD So why not levitate an hourglass? As usual, it probably only looks and sound cool in my mind... ;__; Either way, I tried my best!

Everyone preparing for their look since we start 1 hour later

GO GO POWER RANGERS!
(they were aiming for Bomberman, actually :P)

Usual picture in LAN class!

Wolverine!
Up against...

SEX BOMB CYCLOPS

Super Jordy and Mermaid Brenda!

Walking off to lunch, Superhero Style :3
(with more gazes from the public of course)

I iz not amused

But she is!

Kirti Sparrow shares my thought - with much enthusiasm

Cyclops gets the ladies - Mother Nature and Ms. Cat!

Stripping off the make up makes the Indian more Indian, somehow... o.o

Kakkoii Kaoru as Pirate Prussia! :3

It didn't seem like a lot, but we had lots of fun! And I had fun wearing my wig and seeing the different expressions from others. It's funny how some commented that I look good in short hair, mum said I should cut mine like that. It's too drastic of a change me thinks. But yeah, I cheated quite some people, teehee.

I feel bad for cheating Ju-sensei (not so much for Lexie)

I joined a new club called SPACE (Stage Performing Arts Club for Entertainment). It was newly formed, and had their first meeting last week. I love Performing Arts, hence I went to check it out! It has potential, and doesn't look to shabby. But of course, you could tell some people love to take the spotlight more than the others (good way and bad way). My wig cheated them again, teehee. Although, at that time of the day, my wig was sliding off my head 2491402 times. Must be because my real hair is epicly thick.

Also, I've just started jogging again! On my own! Started on Sunday and I haven't fallen off the bandwagon yet (too early to fall off anyway). Hopefully this will continue and make a difference... Fang... *w* I'm watching Final Fantasy XIII as research for cosplay and to feed my Final Fantasy fanatic inside. I knew I wasn't going to get a PS3 or Xbox, or have time to play it, so hello YouTube!

Wow, this became quite a lengthy post, which of course, distracted me from some other work I was doing. lD (class video way past deadline! tsk tsk) Time waits for no Suzanne!

Quote of the Day: "All this dampness is damp." - Sazh Katzroy, Final Fantasy XIII

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a smile to brighten up Suzanne's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...