Monday, August 15, 2011

Harry Potter Day

There's a lot that happened over the pass weeks, but I really can't think of what to blog about at the moment... lD So here's another Theme Tuesday update! Vivianne drew my theme from the bag! At first, there were quite some people who were against the idea. When we drew the second theme, eventually everyone agreed to revert back to the original theme, my theme! :D

Harry Potter Day! (G9 Theme Tuesday XIII, 9 August 2011)

I'm a Potterhead, I can't help it. :3 I was worried not everyone would participate, because there was quite a number of people who didn't know what to do, don't sound enthusiastic about finding out... it's pretty simple really, make a wand, choose a side/house, wear a matching scarf, school uniform-ish stuff, dark robes, dark marks...

In the end, everything worked out magically. :D

Step on into the Leaky Cauldron

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Welcome to Hogwarts - Where everything is made up
and the points don't matter!

Click here and here for more pictures!




I had a lot of ideas for Harry Potter Day, but I couldn't decide what to do. (kinda like Superhero Day...)
1. Luna Lovegood
2. Rita Skeeter
3. Professor Trelawney
For Luna, I wanted to make the spectrespecs, butterbeer cork necklace, all the random accessories and being a Ravenclaw! For Rita Skeeter, I would be wearing green with my hipster frames and carry a quill and nosing into people's business. For Trelawney, I'd wear layers of cloths, headband, hipster frames(again), crystal ball and maybe some tea, and reading people's misfortunes. :3

I was asking opinions from everyone around me, but it didn't help much because everyone had different suggestions. lD In the end, I decided to go for Luna Lovegood as it was easier to identify her as a Hogwarts student!

Loony Lovegood!

Collected reference pictures and spent hours making my props. Feels like preparing for a cosplay. o_o
Wand: Made it out of paintbrush, wrapped the brush with masking tape and painted it brown
Butterbeer Cork necklace: I didn't have any corks! So I made the necklace only, out of parcel string, painted blue, then I threaded my bottle cap pendant through it
Spectrespecs: MY FAVOURITE PART OF MY OUTFIT. I found the template online, drew it on paper myself, cut it out, pasted on the coloured paper (I used red and green because I didn't have blue) Then I pasted them on my hipster frames, FUN.
The Quibbler: I wanted to draw out the cover of the magazine so I could read it upside-down. I didn't have enough time to do it, so I used a random Gempak magazine instead. lD
Ravenclaw Crest: Printed and pasted with masking tape.
I tried to make my hair a little more messier and more Loony by braiding them at night then sleeping. But my braids weren't tight enough so that failed. ;w;

Got to class, and it was the second day that we were booted out of the classroom. Taylor's is doing some renovations, so these classes were somehow always assigned to share the classroom with us. Which means I couldn't linger in there at 7.40am till class starts at 10am. Boohoo. :C To the library I go.

I had nothing else better to do so WEBCAMWHORE

Back in class, we we we so excited! :D

Choose your allegiance!
I printed some house crest and shared the goodness around :3

Me and my currently plain Spectrespecs

Cat claims that this is Nagini. LIES.

Sunny Potter! ...and some Polyjuice Potion?

Wingardium Leviosa on the nose yo!

Selling magical chocolate cornflakes to Muggles!
(A Muggle managed to identify my Spectrespecs! Bless her heart. :D)

Dark Mark in progress...

"So try me on and I will tell you where you ought to be"

The Marauders (edisi Malaysia!) Remus, James, Peter and Sirius.

*SIZZLE*

Expelliarmus!

I see teh Grim in this pot...

It's a Quibbler in disguise...

Witches in the corridor!

Time for Charms class - Lumos!

A Patronus charm? :P

Death Eaters! :O

What is this I don't even!

MOVIE POSTER (so fun to play with the lighting :D)

Oh hi, I think you have Wrackspruts all over you
They're making your brains all fuzzy

Shu Mei the Happy Witch :D

He reminds me of Cedric Diggory - He was the only Hufflepuff in class too! :P

Harry gets the girls and Moaning Myrtle is mad D:

Potions Master - Professor John!
He's brewing up some potion to get us As for Physics :D

We solemnly swear we're up to no good :3

More movie posters xD

Wai you poke poor Moaning Myrtle D:

Miss Muggle!

NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH

Time for some camwhore! :D

I have no idea how Luna keeps her wand behind her ear...

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a steady mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind

Obligatory Cho Chang looking shot
I do look more Chinese than Luna after all lD

Teehee

Another Theme Tuesday tomorrow, wheee!


Quote of the Day: "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a smile to brighten up Suzanne's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...