Monday, December 05, 2011

See You on the Other Side

So December is finally here. The time has come for Jules to leave Malaysia. Ever since the day she dropped the bomb and told us that she would be flying back from Penang and wait in KLIA before leaving on the flight to Korea that transits to USA, immediately, I believe, me and half of TAS thought, "We're definitely going to send her off." Again, just like her birthday, she hinted at it 982432105 times. From long ago, a couple of us had already intended to make a trip to KLIA.

And so we did.

Whut? Jumpbreak is back?




My work ends at 6pm, so everyone was waiting for me. After grabbing some Chatime (we grabbed a large pearl milk tea for Jules to enjoy before US!), me and Irfan left on Alex's car, while Crystal and Wee left on Isaac's car. One driver, one girl and one doppelganger each! xD We left SS15 around 6.30pm-ish, it was a crazy jam around Summit area, as usual. We took almost 20-30 minutes just to get out of it, methinks. It was raining mad that day; Even the skies were crying... ;w; It was extra scary because both of Sarah's (Sarah is Alex's white Saga!) tail lights weren't functioning. Add that to the rain and night... eep.


Waiting outside campus!

Epic crazy jam!


We manage to arrive in KLIA safely, at about 7.40pm. An instant feeling of joy flooded me when I saw Jules sitting near KFC.

Reunited!
Note that she drinking bubble tea with fail thin straw. I is disappoint, Isaac.

Running happily around the KLIA

I had to include myself in the pictars somehow
(Jules and Alex not in shot because they went down the other lift already! o_o)

Can't get enough of myself! :3
And yay for Wee's upgraded camwhore skills ^^

Poor Crystal feeling ronely? :C

We exchanged hugs, greetings... and almost immediately we were back to normal TAS, speaking as if we've just seen each other yesterday, finding joy in nothing at all. Sat down in Burger King for dinner and started our crazy jokes and inappropriate conversations and what nots.

In Burger King in KLIA!

PHATS

MAI KETCHUUUP

OMNOMNOMNOM

AISAKA IN WEE'S FACE

Was looking out for something to happen. Seems that I should've been on video mode to record Irfan's lame jokes!

After checking in Jules' luggage, we just sat together, taking random camwhore shots while people stare at us. Because we LIKE A BAWS.

Jules' passport to US!

Overhead exploding brofist! :O

Family Portrait! (Irfan ruining the shot as usual)

But later, Irfan stares into the camera! AND IT CAPTURES HIS SOUUUUL! ;w;

Liek bawses!

After all the group shots, we played with Jules' babies~

Noah and I!

Wee with the original Flurry!

Jules and I! :3

Wee used his laptop to get online, to turn on Minecraft. He and Irfan worked on a pretty big project, a crossroad in the sky, with messages and our names on it. It was rather sweet, what they did. Jules started tearing up at that point as it was about 10.30pm, and time to leave. She passed out more messages to all of us, with duo shots each of us took with her during SDC Recognition Ceremony.

Final messages and tokens

Walking her off to the gate, everyone seemed so calm. I surprised myself for being surprisingly calm. I didn't hold on to her tightly, I didn't tear up. Perhaps it's because I've already cried so much the past few weeks. Since Jules dropped the bomb, I've already started facing the fact that she was definitely leaving. I was glad for her that she'll finally be reunited with her husband. At the same time, I understood that the pain she was feeling must've been more than anything the others felt. While we only had to say goodbye to one person, Jules was saying goodbye to her family, to TAS, to her job, to her life in Malaysia, and so many other friends and people she cared for... And so, sometimes when I ponder about it, my floodgates would force open.


I wish I hugged her more!

When she left for Penang, I finally came to terms with the reality of her absence. So meeting her this time was just a break from her absence, it was something I could handle. I'm not trying to say I don't miss her, but as my mum said, people come and go in life. I probably felt that I had to be tough for her, and so I didn't cry. Subconsciously too, I just couldn't allow myself to cry. The best I could do for her was smile, to comfort and remind her that everything would be alright - with me, with TAS, with her. And I know that I didn't have to cry. Because I'm sure that we will meet again one day.

A part of me left Malaysia with her! I hope that part of me keeps her smiling!

I guess on the bright side, during her absence, TAS was still in contact with each other, making plans to meet up, and caring for each other's well-being. It shows that Jules wasn't the glue to our bonds (ouch! But I meant it in a good way!), instead we are all holding each other up. And distance wasn't going to be an issue either! Perhaps when I leave for India next year, everything will be able to remain the same. But gosh, it's going to be quite a painful separation.

Meanwhile, those of us who can enjoy each other's physical manifestations, we should cherish those moments! But I don't think we should let the fear of separation stop us from reaching other dreams and hopes we have. For yourself and the people who care for you, you should chase after those dreams! We're lucky to be living in an era of information, where it's so easy to message each other and keep in touch. I'm so glad for everything I've experienced this year. I believe that I've definitely matured tons, learned heaps, and been blessed infinitely.


I love TAS! And TAS loves Jules!

You're not alone, together we stand
I'll be by your side, you know I'll take your hand
When it gets cold and it feels like the end
There's no place to go, you know I won't give in
No, I won't give in

So far away, I wish you were here
Before it's too late, this could all disappear
Before the door's closed and it comes to an end
With you by my side I will fight and defend
I'll fight and defend, yeah, yeah



Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
Nothing's gonna change, nothing's gonna change destiny
Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah


Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you

There's nothing you could say, nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through



Keep holding on
Keep holding on

There's nothing you could say, nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

Keep Holding On - Avril Lavigne

Quote of the Day: "Knowing you'll always be welcomed, no matter how much has changed... That's what having a home is all about." - Oerba Dia Vanille, Final Fantasy XIII

1 comment:

  1. I have no words to describe how amazing this post is. I love you so much! <3 And I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a smile to brighten up Suzanne's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...