Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Epic Driving Failure

Here to chronicle my sad sad driving experience (mostly because of the test!).

So, I started my driving course before Chinese New Year, doing my Undang test, Amali, yadayada... Then came the real driving lessons after Chinese New Year!

I took 14 hours of class in just 2 weeks plus, and off I am for my driving test.

On the way to the institute, Pei Kai sms-ed me, asking if I was taking my driving test. It just so happens that he was taking the test too! One number before me! I was No.13. It helps that I had people to talk to, as there was a lot of time to waste, with the large amount of applicants too. The whole day, I was spamming Green/Blue/Gary's Champion Battle music on my earphones. Hoping that epic music would translate to epic champ-like driving.

Seriously, this theme is made of OWHSM. All that rage in the music! Can't blame Green/Blue/Gary, his grandfather forgot his name, and ignored his champ win.

We got our tags around 10.30am, but it was only around 12.30pm that I hopped into the car.

The car took me awhile to control. I drove up the hill twice, and pulled my hand break up too high, I had problems releasing it, haha. Got down and headed off to side parking. I parked the car fine. But when I drove out I was stopped by the examiner. Seems like I've cut into the other lane without noticing... This is me being too dependent on the formula, and not keeping my eyes and brain on the road... Ah daaaarn.

Had to wait after the break before going on the road. Got into the car. The guy was pretty friendly! Pointed out/corrected some of my mistakes. Then I arrived at one of the bumps. I was on gear 2, as usual. Suddenly I saw my speedometer falling quickly, car was about to die. I quickly shifted my foot from the brakes to the accelerator. And I felt my brake pedal sink down.

Then the engine died.

I had to get down the car, fail automatically because mati enjin on the road = memandu secara bahaya. I even asked the examiner "tadi you ada tekan brake tak?" Mum and cousin sister was shocked I even dared to ask him, haha. The guy denied, saying that it was unethical. Clearly... lots of unexpected under the table things happen at driving tests. Meh. But Pei Kai managed to pass both exams, without bribing! So it's doable! Good going!

So, I failed both parts of my driving test. Everyone else in my car didn't fail as badly as I did, sigh.

Second time, took exam two weeks later, after another 3 hours of training the day before. It was SPM results day. Somehow it became a high school reunion thing! Met Ivena, Wei Han, Raaj, Jeremy and some other people from USJ13. All my juniors, who were supposed to be collecting their results that day. As usual, had to wait around 12-ish to start doing anything. This time, we had to wait after the break for both exams, meh.

For the circuit, I was given quite a shaky car. I managed to control it and passed the hill and side parking just fine. I was talking to myself and telling myself that I could do it. In the end, for three-point turn, and turned in too early, and I was too carried away making sure my car was straight. So when I reversed, I realized I was too much to the right and bam, I hit the yellow line...

Ugh, have to come back to this institute again.

Had the on-the-road test later. All my friends had problems and failed theirs. That day, everyone was PMS-ing, even the admins! (because there was no electricity in the morning) Examiners were making unreasonable demands (ask you to drive faster, turn when there's an incoming car etc.). In the end I was the only one who passed one part. My examiner was okay, he was silent for most of it. I drove rather confidently, and was getting better at changing my gear and controlling the car.

Third time, today, just needed to get my circuit test done. I must pass the test, it's my last chance, since I'll be leaving to India by Sunday! Met Ivena again, and Wan Wei. And later, even Jasmine was there! I had to wait long because I was only retaking one part, hence priority goes to those taking both parts, so they can move on and take their on-the-road test. Had to wait after break to take my test. In the meantime, I spammed random songs (NE GA CHE CHA LA GA) and was reading my new Phoenix Wright Casebook manga thingy. Waited sooo long. Right before it was my turn, they even decided to put 20 session three people in front of me so they could go on-the-road. Damn. D: Wait summore.

My turn. Got into the car. Took awhile to get used to it. Aced the hill and side parking again. Hello three-point turn. I took it slow this time, and turned not so soon this time. I braked when I was in the box, and stuck my head out to admire my work. It was perfect! Must pass this time, must pass this time. Turn all left, minus half, enter reverse gear, reversed... turn steering full.

WAIT A MINUTE. AM I TURNING THE STEERING THE RIGHT WAY.

I had no idea what happened, it happened so fast. I just know somehow I turned the steering wrongly, I tried to turn it back, I had no idea what I was doing. My car was reversing, reversing... in an oddly-shaped curve. My car was moving pretty fast because I released the clutch (I think) and I was in disbelieve. It was when I hit the curb, did I push the brakes, hear that dreaded whistle and order to get down the car. Shit.

I failed, again, for the third time.
I'm leaving for India, but I have to come back and do this again some other time.
Another RM180.
Not to mention time wasted, and more money to renew license.
Shit. Shit. Shit.

I was so disappointed in myself. I felt like an idiot. How could I make such a stupid, small mistake that meant passing or failing? I felt like such a huge failure. Never had I failed anything so hard in my life. I never failed any of my piano tests, my taekwondo gradings, my high school exams... And driving? THREE TIMES. And all that money. Gawd.

I called my mum and teared up quite a bit. Mostly because of the time consumed, money spent, and the great disappointment in myself. I know I could do it. It just... happened this way. Sigh.

So yeah, I suck at driving test, horribly, somehow. Going to have to revisit the institute some time in the future again. Ugh.

/endemorant


Quote of the Day: "I don’t know what to do… This is just another crossroad in my life, but, for the first time, I don’t know which way to go." - Squall Leonhart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a smile to brighten up Suzanne's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...