Monday, December 08, 2014

Lens Reviews 2014!

It's been awhile since I did a lens review/update! I've gotten a lot of new lenses lately and I wanna share how they look!

Lenses reviewed in this post are:

  1. The Dolly Eye Blytheye - Grey 
  2. EOS A3 (Princess Mimi/Bambi) - Green
  3. EOS Fay/Fairy - Blue
  4. i.Fairy Sakura/Sugar Candy - Pink
  5. Vassen Lollipop - Red

So many different colours. So many different brands and patterns! Wow! :D

Disclaimer: I'm doing these reviews just for the convenience of other people who need customer pictures. I'm not a professional reviewer and I'm definitely not paid to do this!
None of these pictures are edited. (except for some pimples, ehehe!)

I just realized I should've taken pictures with flash too... |D

The Dolly Eye Blytheye (Adult) - Grey

I once reviewed EOS Adult Grey lens (which are similar), but those were defective and the links for the pictures are broken, so I'm reviewing these again! I used these for my N cosplay, and for casual wear! :3

The Dolly Eye Blytheye Grey
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Diameter: 14.5mm
Bought from: I forgot... ^^"

I feel that Blytheye lenses are the most basic circle lenses that can never go wrong. The colours are nice! The pattern is simple, very similar to the good old Dolly lens, but has been improved to look less scary, and more suitable for casual use. I love them! It's the basic 14.5mm lens, so enlargement is normal. These are my go to lenses when there are no specific pattern I am looking for. ^^

Indoor Lighting

Size Comparison. Outdoor Lighting

Pros: Nice basic colour! Good for casual use.
Cons: Not very enlarging/dolly

EOS A3 (Princess Mimi/Bambi) - Green

The reason why there's so many names is because the pattern of these lenses are similar! Mine are EOS though. I gotten these pair for my Shimada Minami and Fang cosplay.

EOS A3 Green
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Diameter: 14.8mm
Purchased from: nurin lens

Outdoor Lighting

As a cosplayer, I'm not so satisfied with these lenses. The colour is not obvious enough, and seems to be washed out or dull. This makes it good for casual wear, though. I really love the pattern of A3 lenses, the unique limbal ring pattern and the blending colours toward the middle. But these green ones didn't work as well as its grey counterpart. (also click to compare how bright green Puffy 3 Tones are as compared to A3!) Those were gorgeous. I kinda wanna make a repurchase for A3 Grey. :3

Indoor Lighting 

Size Comparison, Outdoor Lighting

Pros: Pretty pattern. Suitable for casual wear.
Cons: Green not obvious enough for cosplay.

EOS Fay/Fairy - Blue

I got these pair to replace my old Luxury Babe 03, which apparently, Luxury Babe lenses are now less opaque and bright from before. Worried about that, I decided to get these as my new Korra lenses! Like before, I was looking for something with a light blue tone.

EOS Fay/Fairy Blue
Base Curve: 8.8mm
Diameter: 14.5mm
Purchased from: XL Contact Lens

The pattern!

As I bought these from XL, it came with a cute macaroon-looking blue lens case! My other friend who bought a purple lens, got a matching purple lens case too.

I'm happy with these lenses! They are your regular 14.5mm patterned lens - not too thick limbal ring. I guess these are comparable to Blytheye. As I was just looking for the accurate light blue colour, these didn't disappoint. If you're looking for a dolly/moe effect, this is not for you.

More pictures in different lighting!

Close up, Outdoor light

Close up size comparison, Indoor light

Pros: Nice light blue colour! (which is hard to find)
Cons: Not very enlarging/dolly

i.Fairy Sakura (Sugar Candy) - Pink

Got these to replace my Shinomiya Ayase lens.

i.Fairy Sakura Pink
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Diameter: 16.2mm
Purchased from: XL Contact Lens

These pattern of these lenses are just like my old EOS Jewel/Sugar Candy ones! The only noticeable difference is that Sakura Pink is larger than Sugar Candy. It has a thick limbal ring, and just one colour tone with no patterns, which is kinda thin and blends into your natural eye colour like jelly, which gives the illusion of large pupils. (that's the charm point of lenses like these!) Enlargement is pretty mad and obvious! Definitely a dolly lens. They were slightly challenging to wear too, since they're 16.2mm. |D As for the colour, it's very light and jelly-like, definitely not your go-to lenses for obvious colours.

Indoor Lighting

Size Comparison, Outdoor Lighting

Pros: Dolly-effect! Super enlarging! Suitable for certain anime characters.
Cons: Colour not very obvious. Might be a challenge for some to wear. (16.2mm!!)

Vassen Lollipop/i.Fairy Cara - Red

I got these for my Seo Yuzuki cosplay, I'm not sure what I was thinking, haha. This is my first time using Vassen lenses!
(Somehow, whenever I upload portrait pictures of myself wearing these lenses on Blogger, my eyes would turn all black instead... =/ )

Vassen Lollipop Red
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Diameter: 16.2mm
Purchased from: SK Acute Lens

Pre-ordered and COD from SK, and she packed it in a cute bag ^^
I actually ordered i.Fairy, but it came as Vassen. But it doesn't really matter!

Look at the pattern! :D

These lenses are wayyyy more intense than I expected, haha. I usually won't buy lenses with patterns like these, but I actually really like these! It's a really interesting and unique pattern. The colour is really bright and obvious. Probably because of the yellow in between. I think in comparison to Twilight and Dolly+ lenses, these has more colour coverage, and it's brighter. (Twilight lens colour is more solid/opaque and dark/saturated, Dolly+ is more natural) The colour is enhanced even more so because the limbal ring is really thin, and the pupil hole is small, too. It's definitely not a lens for casual wear. And definitely not for regular characters like Seo, ehehe... |D These lenses are huge (16.2mm!), and when I stare off to the side, I can see a bit of the colour obstructing my vision. I'd definitely consider buying these lenses in different colours though. They have really unique shades!

Indoor Lighting

Size Comparison. Outdoor Lighting

Pros: Very obvious red colour! Great for cosplays/costumes.
Cons: Definitely not for casual wear. Colour may obstruct vision. Might be a challenge for some to wear.

In case you're curious, I'm wearing Etude House's Fresh Cherry Lip Tint in orange/peach! I dunno what's the difference between the different lip tint series Etude House carries, but I really love their lip tints as they are very natural and convenient! And I think the orange really goes well on me! I used to own the Dear Darling tint in red, but it went missing on a day out... ;___; I'm also wearing the brown eyeliner from Etude House, huhuhu.

Random Etude House plug 8D

I hope you aren't too sick of seeing my face so much in this post, hahah! Gonna get more lenses soon, hopefully will be getting a pair of white screen lens too! Oooh so excites!

Quote of the Day: "Don't let the mysteries of yesterday mystify you today. Only losers think like that. You've got to change with the times! That's one of my rules!" - Godot, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a smile to brighten up Suzanne's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...