Sunday, January 18, 2015

Cosplay Plans 2015

It's that time again where I consolidate my cosplay plans for the year. :P And also, look back on my old plans and see how much I've actually achieved, and how much I've scrapped!

In regards to my 2014 cosplans, I finally got Korra off the list after 2 years! I've also cosplayed Seo Yuzuki from Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. But that's pretty much it... Most of the list, I'll be scrapping...

Being back in Malaysia gives me more resource and opportunities to cosplay and work on new projects. Hence, I'd like to make 2015 a year of:

1. Challenge!
I wanna do most of my costumes, be it clothing or prop related, by myself if possible. And also to improve my make up skills. I've been at this for 7 years, it'd be a disgrace to the art if I don't improve my skills! I'd also like to take up projects that are more challenging, too. The best part about D.I.Y is the satisfaction from constructing your costume from scratch, and also, money factors. :P

2. Money Management!
Yes... we have to admit that cosplay is an expensive hobby, and I shouldn't be wasting away my parent's money for stuff like these. But it's still my hobby! I love it, and I doubt I'll be stopping soon (or ever)! So, I'm hoping to make some side money by doing some crafty accessories and/or plushies. And with Skylar, be more active in the doujin circle.

With those resolutions penned down in this eternal space called the internet, now here's my current cosplay plans!

Confirmed Plans

1. Korra [Avatar: The Legend of Korra]

W-What? Korra again? OAO Well... looking at the reception my Korra has received (thanks so much, everyone ;__;), and my absolute love for her, I would love to cosplay another version of Korra, as well as fix my current costume. Which version, I have not decided. Right now I'm thinking snow jacket, default costume or berserk avatar mode?

2. Creator [Ragnarok Online]

This has been around since 2013. I love the details on this costume and I hope I can bring them out! I'm hoping to cosplay this, with Skylar as my Lif homunculus!

3. Kunikuza Yayoi [Psycho Pass]

Hoping to cosplay this amazing series with TAS! I wanna pick between Yayoi and Shion. But since I'd like to have a Dominator, Yayoi it is. ^^ I guess the most challenging part about this costume is the weapon...

4. Katara [Avatar: The Last Airbender]

The original fandom still lives! This plan has always been somewhere there, since my tan skin automatically equates me to Katara. |D But WATER TRIBE FO LAIF. Hoping to get a TLA group for this!

Highly Possible Plans

5. Franziska von Karma [Ace Attorney]

This plan has been around for awhile, too. With the wig lying around for over 2 years now. Just need the right motivation to go through with this. |D

Keep in View (KIV)

6.Susato Mikotoba [Dai Gyakuten Saiban]

MORE ACE ATTORNEY! I'll only go through with this plan if my friends are serious about making a group (not sure they even remember this plan, haha). Because. Ace Attorney. :'D

7. Hsien-Ko (Lei-Lei) [Darkstalkers]

I actually had this in the back of mind for the longest time (along with Morrigan). I really like both of their character designs! (and my introduction to Street Fighter/Darkstalkers was through Puzzle Fighter, hahaha) Suddenly feeling really tempted to actually cosplay Hsien-Ko because Quist is cosplaying Morrigan. ;___; I think this will be a really challenging and fun project, mostly because of the claws, hehe.

That's it for now! I'm pretty sure this list will see some changes as the year goes. I've still got 11 months to go, after all!

Quote of the Day: "It’s good if you look ahead, but not too far ahead. If you look down, you become scared. What you could do, you can’t anymore. I couldn’t stand that I was afraid of things, so I faced this. And when I could walk through it forward, I tried it backwards. And then, I closed my eyes." - Honey and Clover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a smile to brighten up Suzanne's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...