Thursday, January 12, 2017

New Year, New Journal!

It's 2 weeks into 2017, and "Happy New Year" greetings are already outdated. But really, I'm feeling positive vibes for 2017, and I've been mostly happy and productive so far! So I'd like to wish all of you Happy New Year again, and I'd like to share the interesting things I've found.


I got this 2017 Moleskine Starbucks Planner for free thanks to a friend of mine (it took 15 drinks, but they forgot to credit his account, so we got 2 planners for 15 drinks). Since high school (2006), I've been in a habit of keeping a new planner every year.

Then everything changed when THE FIRE NATION ATTACKED I discovered bullet journal.

I came across a post Cappy shared about bullet journal. It was the first time I heard about it, and as someone who keeps a planner and loves making and striking out list, this piqued my interest. Immediately, I set off to Google.

(The post I came across, and the original website about bullet journal)

The simple idea behind it is to organize your life using a bullet system to set tasks, migrate them, record memorable events, and ultimately increase productivity. But what pushes this to the edge is the amount of creativity and customization the bullet journal community has put into this hobby.

source: twentyfivestars

The internet was swarmed with articles, photos and videos on bujo and I've only scratched the surface. I knew I wanted to pick up the habit, but I also know that I wasn't as artistic, and won't be able to put as much effort into it like all those Instagrammers and Bloggers. (Have you seen what everyone is doing? It's intimidating!)

Barely a week into a plebian's bullet journal

There's a lot of thought that can be put into how you want the journal to be set up, but I know I wouldn't start writing if I overthink it and was afraid of screwing up the flow. Instead, I started immediately on my on bujo with my already available Starbucks Planner, with the most basic layout and design. I accepted the fact that I would make a lot of modifications in the future, and that's actually quite fun to look forward to.

Honestly, I don't think keeping a journal has changed how I do things significantly, since I already had the habit of tracking things on a calendar. But recording everything down and trying to neatly organize my life helped put me into the right mindset. It's also a fun activity to look forward to, seeing the blank pages fill up. :D It gives me a sense of achievement and I'm excited to see where this takes me to.

It's also an excuse of me to hoard washi tapes and cute stationery, ehehehe

In other news, I would like to share my January 2017 achievements so far.

  1. I've almost completed all my patient work, except 1 bridge, and it's officially my last "schooling" day tomorrow!
  2. I did a spring cleaning in my room and now it's super clean and decluttered and it makes me happy. :D
  3. I won something from a crane machine for the first time!

Took me 14 tries for this cutie Ampharos!

I don't know how it happened, but my uni has been hit with the crane machine craze, thanks to a sudden abundance of crane machine that's stocked up with Pokemon plushies. After tasting abit of success, my friends and I have been addicted to these machines. TT Honestly, these machines are such a gamble and you don't have complete control over the odds of winning. I'm obliged to share this video from Raz on the mechanism of claw machines.

tl;dr
Claw machines are rigged. But we can't help but be addicted to it. TT (low-key gambling here haha)

That's all for a mid-January update! I've been planning several cosplay-related blogposts, which I hope I'll be able to dish out, while studying for my final year exams too. Also, I should get around to changing my blog layout soon... it's getting kinda aged, haha. See you guys around!

Quote of the Day: "In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own. Let them swim in the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud." - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a smile to brighten up Suzanne's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...